History of the Auxier Freewill Baptist Church

First Auxier Church

The Auxier Freewill Baptist church was established in a tent, after a revival by
Bro. Carl Layne, where the church now stands.
Land was donated by Brother Dow Webb.
The church building was started August 24, 1947
with twelve charter members:
Bro. Dewey Fraley
Alta Mae Whittaker
Eula Mae Wells
Louella Reed
Mary Patton
Ida Whittaker
Alice Litz
Ora James Burke
Mary Bowling
Adrian D. Ward
Elsa Ward
Bro. Henry Litteral

Two extra lots were bought
November 12, 1949

Bro. Charles (Jeff Wells) gave the first donation. The building was completed
and dedicated July 18, 1950.

Bro. Ted Green held a revival starting February 12, 1949, which lasted several weeks
September 9 through 19, 1949, fifty-seven souls were saved!!

The first officials were:
Pastor: Dewey Fraley
Treasurer: Henry Litteral
Clerk: Alta Mae Whittaker